Sony Announce SMP-N100 Media Streamer October Release in UKPosted by QueenB on Sep 27, 2010 in News, Sony Bravia, Sony Home Theatre | 0 comments
The official UK release of the Sony Bravia SMP-N100 set-top ‘media streamer’ has been announced in a press release from the company. The SMP-N100 will go on sale in UK stores next month.
Through the N100, it is possible to access the Bravia internet applications which include Blip.tv, Daily Motion, LoveFilm and Youtube and to connect to the internet via your home WiFi or ethernet connection to stream media directly. Access to Sonys own music and video service Qriocity is also available through the N100. The N100 also features a USB port which can be used with external media devices to play back AVCHD, DivX HD, MKV and some DIVX/AVI files.
• BRAVIA Internet Video for access to a wide range of online content
• Wi-Fi connectivity: watch content in any room without cabling
• DLNA network audio/video capability: content can be streamed from network storage (as well as viewed from USB devices)
• IP Content Noise Reduction to clean-up streamed video
• On-screen GUI, plus free iPhone/iPod Touch/Android control appsControl of the N100 is gained through the Sony XMB menu system and the device can also be accessed through an iPhone or an Android handset.
Pricing has yet to be confirmed however, we expect the cost of the SMP-N100 to be between £100 and £150 on release.
via press release