New Eco-Friendly Handset Announced – Sony Ericsson CedarPosted by QueenB on Jun 16, 2010 in Smartphones, Sony Ericsson Phones | 1 comment
The latest in Sony Ericsson’s GreenHeart series of mobile phone handsets has been announced by the company.
To be known as the “Cedar” handset, this latest environmentally friendly phone is candy-bar style, is made from recycled plastic, has a low power consumption charger and will be supplied to consumers in ‘green’packaging with no paper instruction manuals, all for the good of the planet. Functionality isn’t overly compromised by it’s environmentally friendly aim though, with the handset offering a 2.2 inch screen, a 2 megapixel camera, 3G HSDPA for high speed internet access and a widget manager which enables easy social networking access.
“Sony Ericsson Cedar is the ideal product for consumers who are looking for the perfect balance between a business and social device.” said Quentin Cordier, Global Marketing Manager, Sony Ericsson. “Featuring 3G HSDPA, a 3.5mm jack and a port for easy connection to your laptop – the Sony Ericsson Cedar is an affordable GreenHeart phone which allows consumers to easily connect to their various communities whether it’s for work, fun or play.”
– Widget Manager 2.0 allows easy access to your favourite social network and applications
– Social network applications – Facebook, Twitter and MySpace
– Keep contacts close – hassle-free phone book transfer and web backup
– Stay organised with calendar, phone book, email
– Fast browsing with 3G and direct access to the web browser
– EAS Push email and modem connectivity
– Connect your headphones on the 3.5mm jack and enjoy music, video on the go.
– Capture the moment with the 2Mp camera and send it by MMS Human curvature design – fits into the palm of the hand GreenHeart – for a greener choice
No pricing details are available currently although, expected release for the Cedar is Q3 of this year so pricing info should be available soon. The handset will come in a black/silver or a black/red combination of colors.